- Clean out the skimmer basket once a week and more often in the fall.
- Add beneficial bacteria every week.
- Add water if levels begin to go down. When water evaporates, water will need to be added to the system. If more than 3 inches needs to be added, there may be a leak.
- Never add anything to the pond water that wasn't specifically made for ponds. Do not do not add algaecide without professional advice.
- Keep the waterfall on to keep the water oxygenated and moving. Only turn it off if there is a problem.
- If the pump starts making a weird sound, unplug it. We don't want to let it burn out. Call us for assistance! 303-775-0224
- Feed fish once or twice per week. More can overload the system.
- Do not feed fish in the winter or when the water is below 50 º. (they go into a dormant like stage when the water is cold)
- Keep plants trimmed so they do not take over the pond.
- Keep cattails out of the pond. They spread like crazy and are difficult to remove.